This is the more realistic mod for FS2013.
In this package, you will find :
- “moreRealistic.zip” : the moreRealistic game engine
- “moreRealisticVehicles.zip” : most of the default vehicles converted to “mr”
- “moreRealisticGenuineMap.zip” : the default map (Hagenstedt) with “mr” starting vehicles (and traffic crossroads fixed, and “mr” wool pallets)
- “mrAlternativeTipping.zip” : “mr” version of the alternativeTipping mod (new shapes and more realistic size function of fill level)
There is also a pdf manual translated in English, German and French.
Please read it for more information.
This mod has been intensively tested with official 1.4 patch.
It is 100% mp and OSX compatible.
It seems to work well with patch 2.0 Beta 3 too. But until the 2.0 script documentation is released, we can’t make sure everything is ok.
Known issues :
the modcontest Fendt 936 uses a conflicting “global” script (“Rufa.lua”), and so, you should not keep this mod in your mod folder if you want to play “mr”.
Here is a small description of the “mr” engine :
- new physic game engine : less computing, more accurate (thanks to Giants to allow us to play with “damping”)
=> real acceleration and speed function of the slipping, the mass, the power
=> real braking system and figures (takes into account overloading and over-speeding and ground humidity after rain)
- better lateral stability at work
- no need for “mountable” scripts or attach mod (bales or wool pallets)
- dynamic station prices multipliers (randomly set once a day)
- seed usage function of seed type
- real density and mass for fillTypes
- fuel consumption depends on motor load
- “sprayer/spreader” dosage function of speed
- 3 Transmission modes : auto-reverse like the vanilla game, “double-tap” shuttle (you need to wait a complete stop, then release the key, then press it again to change moving direction), manual shuttle (you have to press a key to change the moving direction)
- adjustable speed limiter (you can manually set the 1,2,3,4 speed limit in-game)
- in normal and hard difficulties, hired workers (apprentices) do use fuel and seeds
- multiplayer ready
so, concretely, what’s better than the base game ?
- no more weird acceleration (start like a snail and become a hare after some seconds… same acceleration when going uphill than downhill…)
- no more “faster acceleration and better top speed with a heavier weight on the front” …
- tractor will “lost” speed when going uphill and will be “pushed” by the trailer weight going downhill (you will have to know how to brake now, or you will reach dangerous speeds and eventually lost control)
- overloaded vehicles have less braking capabilities (example : trailer with silage kit, full of wheat)
- no more possible to use any implement on any tractor (an underpowered or “underweighted” tractor will struggle/slip with a heavy implement)
- you have to set the proper weight on the front of the tractor when lifting heavy loads (example : fertilizer spreader full)
- you can manipulate bales and wool pallets “like in real”
- a tractor hard-working in a field will “drink” a lot more fuel than a tractor carting grain (except if the carting tractor is always going uphill with a full trailer, lol)
- you can appreciate acquiring better implement (the CaseIH quadtrack is now useful if you plan using the Vogel and Noot terratop for example)
- even if there are no great demands, you have to check the station prices to know where you should sell your harvest
what’s the downside ?
- you have to buy proper tractors to do the job right (you can’t run a big farm counting on 75Hp tractors)
- hilly maps will require more HP to do the same job (Hagenstedt is a very hilly map but only for roads : the fields are rather flat)
- most of the time, you will go slower going uphill (compared to the vanilla game)
- you need to know your braking capabilities to stop where you want
- you will hate Giants for not keeping up with Fendt (a Fendt 939 would have been fairly better than the actual Deutz 7250TTV on the hilly roads)
Of course, there is a lot more to discover by yourself. I can’t write down all the modification done.
Face/Xentro : alternativeTipping mod
Giants : base game highly “moddable”, all the models and base scripts
Special thanks to all the testers who spent a lot of time checking everything is right
Download MoreRealistic Package